What A Wonderful World

What A Wonderful World

Monday, October 6, 2008

To Be or Not To Be?

As a Christian, I have often wondered how people view me when I am outside the church. Do they see me as a good person, who just absolutely loves God more then anything in this world? or do they just see another person striving to make it in this world, not knowing the directions that are set before her? 
Sometimes I can honestly say, if I were someone who just met me on the streets I would have never guessed that I loved God with all my heart. That truly scares me to death to even say that. If we're called into this great commission to "Go into the world and make disciples out of all nations", why do we act, as everyone else acts? We should stand out to everyone and anyone.  You don't continue your Christian walk with God, by acting as if you know everything and have everything figured out. You tell the people out in this mission field, that they can come along for the journey as well. Discovering exactly what God has planned for your life and purpose. Walk blindly in faith and God will direct you on where to go next.
I am desperately trying to change my ways and follow God's direction and what he wants me to do. I want to be a "World Changer", but I need to change some of my own ways before I can go do things God's way, the right way.  I want to be that one Christian, everyone says; "Hey, she may have answer to your problem, go ask her".  I want to be able to change people's view on Christianity and what we truly stand for!
In order to be different, I must act different, and in every situation (even if it's not as you planned) I have to love that one person who may have done me wrong. Even though they have I must accept that and move on. Hoping one day that they will come back to you and apologize. It's tough to do that, I can say that from personal experience. There is times where I just blow up on people if they treat me as lesser of a human, or don't follow through with what was promised. I do realize in order to be a "World Changer" I must apologize and tell that person I am sorry for the hurtful things I may have said. 
Until we can truly love everyone and accept their faults, that is when we will be able to change one community at a time! Everyone has their own faults. Realize this no one is perfect, nto a single person. If we were then we wouldn't need God and any beliefs, because we would already know it all. That isn't the case in our society, we need to stick out to cause that change. 

1 comment:

Jenna Dowling said...

Great post... I love your thoughts, your dreams and your outlook on life 7 how to always include Jesus.

Keep them comin girl -- you inspire me!!!