What A Wonderful World

What A Wonderful World

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Song of Solomon


So today I finished reading all of Song of Solomon. This is the book of the bible that I would not allow myself for some reason to start reading. I don't know if it was because deep down inside I knew it was a very intimate book in the bible. I honestly have no answer for why I wouldn't read this book, maybe it was God just telling me in a way that I wasn't spiritually mature to read such an intimate book of the Bible. Since you all know I have been reading "Captivating" I became propelled to go on and read that scripture. This is a very beautiful scripture indeed. I was honestly taken away by the words spoken through the verses. Basically I was breathless it was such an intimate experience with my Lord. His words were so softly spoken to me. I felt as if I was falling in love. In this case I am even deeper and more intimate with him. The second verse was really so uplifting and beautiful God was basically kissing me through scriptures. It says;
"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine."
Truthfully God's kisses that he gives us are so much better then any earthly thing. I feel so loved, wanted and elegant when I just soak in everything God wants me to have. I feel freedom in his words and name. You may have heard that before, but it is so true. Some people may not get what I am talking about thats okay I understand if you have different views but these are mine and mine alone. God gives everyone their own views about scripture. 
The second verse that really caught my attention was; 
"I am my beloved's, and his desire is towards me" 
Again this is truly important to me as a girl or even as a woman, what I get out of this is that God is always with me and he desires me more then anything, just as he desires everyone else like no other. Tat my main desire should be totally focused only on him. I know my focus was off for a long time but now I can see even clearly that God is so much more important than any other relationship that I have ever had in a lifetime.
I want to keep on going even more deeper and deeper into His word. I believe that I am almost ready for any life changing experience that God may put before me in my future. When this does happen I will know I am ready for it, because it is happening. God bless all who read this and I hope that I can inspire you in anyway to really consider your view on life and maybe even God. 

2 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

The songs of songs are beautiful and that is where we found our daughter's name: TIRZAH. ;o)

Unknown said...

Hey Megz,

I found your blog thru Jenna's. I am so happy you have a blog too! Thanks so much for sharing the journey God is taking you on. I can definitely relate in the intimacy factor. When you know God deelply it saturates your life and you enjoy even the littlest of things!

Blessings,
Amanda