What A Wonderful World

What A Wonderful World

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The life of Prodigals


Prodigal Lyrics


I have been listening to this song all week "Prodigal" by OneRepublic. This song has really spoke out to me. I really believe that this is how half of our society is living their life. They are running away going their own direction, God is just letting them make their own choice he isn't going to interrupt you and tell you "NO, don't you dare" He is waiting for you to make your own choice and follow his ways that he has planned out for you. Even some of us christians have done the same thing! I know I am guilty of this not following what God has for me, when I know that I'm suppose to. That is one of the worse things for a Christian like myself to do, not listening to God. Well the point I'm trying to get at is this I worked midnights on Sunday night, I was working with one other girl, I won't mention names because that is beyond the point. But we got talking about what we want to do with our lives and how we want it to serve a purpose. Well she was talking about how she wants to get into First Aid, but she couldn't because she has screwed up her future, for proceeding into this. I just asked how she has screwed it up. She said she dropped out and they wouldn't even consider her, and how it costs more money she doesn't have to spend on schooling. Well I told her all things are possible, and I truly believe this.
Then we started talking about missions and how it was my passion. She totally loved how I was so into helping people. And I told her it is my calling on my life and I want to pursue into this. She said to me I would love to but I can't afford to go to a third world country with all my debt. I told her you know if it is what God wants you to experience you will get the money for it! I told her you need to believe, have faith and pray about it. She was like I do pray about getting into the career I want, and I do believe in God. I was like then your prayers should be answered. But earlier on she was talking about going to bars, having one night stand s with guys, and getting drunk. She told me once I 20 go out and do the things I want and be crazy and about it! Don't even think about it do it! I thought well if that wasn't trying to tempt me than I don't know what is. She told me this is how she lives her life, I couldn't believe that, that was her inspiring words for herself! Like uhhh.... I didn't even know how to respond so I didn't and I've been thinking about it. This is how the world is living and this song is a pure example of it we are all like the Prodigal son in some way. We think we know what we are doing and we keep running in our direction that may bring us to good riches, but in the end if we don't have God directing us we will just crash and burn in the long run. So I have learnt to just give it to God let him direct me. When I see her again I am seriously going to talk to her about what she said to me. And maybe give her a new perspective. I'm not going to go and condemn her but I am going to witness to her so she will get on a different path of thinking. Once she does I do believe everything will start to fall into place. There will be trails and things there to discourage her from moving forward but I believe she will!

No comments: